MEVA Schalung-Systeme GmbH (hereinafter referred to as “MEVA“) has made available various calculation tools on the MEVA website and in the App-Stores for iOS and Android (application named “MEVA Calc”). This concrete pressure calculator is based upon the calculation method set out in the German standard DIN 18218:2010-01 and upon the performance data of the MEVA wall formwork systems AluFix, EcoAs, AluStar, StarTec, Mammut and Mammut 350. The reshoring calculator (backpropping calculator) is based on the guidelines set out in the DBV (German Concrete and Building Technology Association) memorandum on concrete formwork and stripping timelines. By using the MEVA calculator tools, the user accepts the following terms and conditions of use:
1. The terms and conditions of use for the MEVA calculator are only valid for the aforementioned calculators and shall in no way affect MEVA’s general terms and conditions of use or any other settlements, agreements, provisions, contracts or the like.
2. Before using the MEVA calculator, the user shall thoroughly and completely study the German standard DIN 18218:2010-01 and the DBV memorandum on concrete formwork and stripping timelines.
3. The MEVA calculator have been designed and developed to the best of MEVA’s knowledge and belief. They have been thoroughly tested before being made available on the MEVA website and in the App-Stores for iOS and Android applications, yet no guarantee of freedom from error can be given. The results calculated with and obtained from the MEVA calculation tools must be carefully cross-checked by the user. MEVA shall run and maintain with due care the website and the application on/in which the calculation tools are made available but MEVA will not guarantee uninterrupted access to the website, the application and calculation tools.
4. Until further notice, the MEVA calculation tools shall be made available without charge and – insofar as legally permissible – to the express exclusion of any and all warranty rights. Liability is excluded for all cases of damage to life, health and limb resulting from gross negligence or malicious neglect of duty by MEVA or its subcontractors.
5. MEVA endeavours to keep the MEVA website and the application free of viruses but cannot guarantee that these will always be free of viruses. Users shall ensure and install adequate safety precautions, virus scanners etc. of their own.
6. MEVA shall be liable for injury solely within the bounds of mandatory statutory provisions. For any other damage, MEVA shall only be liable in cases of gross negligence and malicious intent. MEVA shall not be liable for consequential damages, financial losses and data loss.
7. The information contained on the MEVA website and in the MEVA application, including the calculation tools are the intellectual property of MEVA and may not be altered, supplemented, sold, rented or otherwise commercially exploited, in any manner whatever, without the prior written consent of MEVA.
8. MEVA reserves the right to discontinue the MEVA website and/or the MEVA application and/or the calculation tools at any time.
9. If any provision(s) of these terms and conditions of use should be or become inoperative, whether in whole or in part, or if the terms and conditions are found to contain a loophole, this shall have no bearing upon the validity of the remaining terms and conditions. Any wholly or partially inoperative provisions, or loopholes, are hereby deemed to have been superseded by an appropriate and effective new provision which – to the extent legally possible – fulfils or most closely approximates to the originally intended legal and business purpose.
10. The sole place of jurisdiction for any and all disputes is agreed to be the registered office of MEVA Schalungs-Systeme GmbH (Haiterbach, Germany). Only German law shall apply.
11. Contact: Please e-mail any questions concerning these terms and conditions of use or the utilisation of the calculation tools to the following e-mail address: email@example.com